Thread: Stacking cages
View Single Post
Old 05-28-2016, 12:10 PM  
Pebbles82
Hamster Antics

Default Re: Stacking cages

I was wondering that. Because the Alaska has a front opening door, you wouldn't need access to the top really and the Ruffy could sit on top. Unless maybe you think the weight would be too much for the Alaska. I haven't had an Alaska so I don't know how strong they are. It would probably ok with a bigger cage on top (where the base went over the edges of the Alaska) but I guess the Ruffy base could be slightly smaller and all the weight would be on the top bars and not supported by the edges - is that what you mean?

I think some people have a low shelf unit or one of those tv units can be good too - for stacking cages on. Or just a small table, if it's high enough - with the Alaska underneath and the Ruffy on top (I think the Ruffy only has a top opening door, is that right?)

Something like this lack table (it's cheap!) with the Alaska underneath and the Ruffy on top. As the Ruffy only has top opening.

LINNMON / ADILS Table - white - IKEA

You could just put a piece of wood on top of the Alaska - so it went over the edges of the cage and made a sturdier support - but then you'd have to dismantle things occasionally for cage cleans etc.
Pebbles82 is offline   Reply With Quote