View Single Post
Old 05-23-2016, 01:40 AM  
BunbunManju
Newborn Pup

Default Re: How to spot where hamster pee?

Quote:
Originally Posted by cypher View Post
How long have you had him now? To begin with they sometimes pee all over the place & it's such a small amount it can be hard to find, I have found Russians take to using a litter tray very quickly if it has chinchilla sand (not dust) in it with or without putting soiled bedding on top so I would just try that & put the tray close to where he sleeps, they can often be a bit lazy & don't like to have to go far when they wake up for a pee!
I had have him for slightly more then a week and only added hamster scentless bath sand into his tank. I do hope he will try to use it so i can clean it everyday. I only saw him pee once on my ice-cream stick platform I read on watch on youtube that potty training required soiled bedding and I have experienced my previous hamsters peeing in scented bath sand, I was considering to mix just a pinch of scented bath sand to the non-scented one so the smell will not be so strong but Mochi will still be attracted to pee there. Is this safe? I should I just leave him be and give him more time?
BunbunManju is offline   Reply With Quote