View Single Post
Old 05-20-2016, 12:40 PM  
Hammyholic
Newborn Pup

Default Re: Omlet Qute hamster and gerbil cage

Serendipity is right, it's a great concept but just not a great cage. Id agree to tactfully making suggestions but ultimately, if she's already purchased then you might not get far. I was in a similar position with a new colleague. We got talking about our mutual love of hamsters and as his hammy had recently passed, he planned on getting another but was looking to purchase a new cage beforehand. I made loads of suggestions but he lives in a small 1 b/r flat and in the end decided on a modular for his new syrian. It was tough to school my opinion and so I totally understand that it's difficult not to be overly passionate about it but if you're close friends then maybe it might be easier to make those suggestions more frank but still tactful lol idk, that's a tough one. My colleagues hamster actually got stuck in one of the tubes, thankfully, she was completely unharmed but it led to him texting me to ask what the cages were that I suggested and he ended up shelling out more money and was stuck with a cage that he reaslised was just a waste of money... I think he went with the barney. Maybe explain that in the long run, if she bought a bigger cage now, it would work out cheaper and lead to a happier hamster. Good luck and fingers crossed it all works out! X
Hammyholic is offline   Reply With Quote