View Single Post
Old 05-15-2016, 01:31 PM  
EllaBella
Newborn Pup

Default Re: Can a hamster live in carry cage for 1 day?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Serendipity7000 View Post
Ok - so you're not going to get anything as good as a detolf at pets at home! I wouldn't cancel the detolf then. Having looked there is a pretty ropey choice at pets at home! Apart from the Hamster Heaven and the bar spacing is a bit large for a robo.

Buying a second cage is going to cost you as well. But I reckon maybe the thing to do is get the pets at home medium plastic tank style cage. It's a bit small - it's 58cm x 38cm. But not too bad for a temporary cage. Some people do start hamsters in smaller cages and then move them to a bigger one although that's usually from being babies rather than rescue hamsters.

Then when you have the detolf all set up you can move her in by putting the whole base of the smaller cage in the detolf so there is something familiar smelling and she can explore out from there.

It's this one

Medium Plastic Hamster Home | Pets At Home

You won't have to worry about bar spacing for a robo with that and it'll be fine as a temporary cage. But best to wait 2 or 3 weeks before moving her again to the detolf.

Lol! I was thinking that! Some people have had refunds even after the cage has been used and taken it back saying it's too small. It would actually be useful to have as a play cage or somewhere to put your hammy when you're doing a cage clean - it just adds to your costs. It's not a bad price though.
That seems like my best option at the moment! Also do you think I should make a lid for my detolf? If so do you know anywhere where I can get a tank temporary as I really love tanks 😊😁
EllaBella is offline   Reply With Quote