View Single Post
Old 05-15-2016, 01:02 PM  
Pebbles82
Hamster Antics

Default Re: Can a hamster live in carry cage for 1 day?

It's a tricky one. Shame they are closing down. I would be tempted to go out and buy another cage and either send the one back that is coming on Tuesday, or buy a cheap cage for now, and transfer your hammy to the new one in a couple of week's time, putting the base of the smaller cage inside the new bigger cage.

What time tomorrow do you need to pick the hamster up? You could call in at a petstore on the way maybe. That way the new hammy would only need to be in the pet carrier for an hour or two while you set up the cage. If you can get something like a Hamster Heaven it won't need much setting up - it's more or less ready to go, apart from substrate and you can change the wheel later. I think Pets at Home sell the Hamster Heaven.

Not sure where you've ordered the new one from - if it's Amazon they should pick it up if you want to return it and return postage wouldn't be that much. If it's anyone else it should be a similar return process (unless it's Zooplus). There's a chance it might not get there on Tuesday or arrived damaged too.

I would just go out first thing tomorrow and buy a cage. Which cage did you order?
Pebbles82 is offline   Reply With Quote