View Single Post
Old 05-14-2016, 01:43 PM  
SwaggySyrians
Hamster Pup

Default Re: Sleeping in his toilet?

I'm actually worried now.

I put the house back in but he still slept in his toilet so I just let him be and hoped that he would move back into the house eventually. I moved some of the bedding closer to his toilet into his bed to see if that would help. He slept all day and you could just see him in the house. He wasn't in any bedding, just sat there, unmoving. I got worried eventually that something was wrong because he didn't look to be breathing either. I poked him gently through the house door and he didn't even move, he was just curled there. I lifted the top off his house and he still wouldn't move. He only moved when I eventually started to think that he was dead, and I tried to pick him up. That was a really scary moment. He opened his eyes, looked very drowsy, and then sat in the corner of his cage not moving for about 10 minutes. He has never done this before. If he hears the shaking of his food or his cage door being opened he will run right out, but this time he wouldn't move even when I deliberately tried to wake him. He'll be two in August so I know that he's not a young ham anymore but I don't think this is anything aging related. What could be wrong with him?

Buzz August 4, 2014 - February 12, 2017 Nora December 2016 - 2018 Reuben January 2017 - January 2018
SwaggySyrians is offline   Reply With Quote