Thread: Mealworms ...
View Single Post
Old 05-10-2016, 12:13 PM  
Fluffagrams

Default Re: Mealworms ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by pinkneon View Post
So I have decided to face my phobia in order to let Sweep try some mealworms! (The things we do for our hammies eh?!) However, I have a couple of questions :

1) Do Syrian hamsters actually like mealworms? Because if not there is no point in me getting any!
2) How many and how often?
3) I am guessing these are a no no but thought I'd check ... Found these. They say they are "fruit flavored mealworms" (Wild Bird Fruit Flavoured Dried Mealworms 100gm | Pets At Home)
4) What is the SMALLEST pack I can get, and where from? I don't want to be left with loads if he doesn't like them!
I can't say whether Syrian Hamsters like mealworms as I've not owned a Syrian Hamster in a long time however I can tell you how often I feed them to my Chineseys.

I'll give one or two to the Chineseys every other day but they also have them within their food mixes. They can be quite fattening if given in excess so I wouldn't be feeding them in vast quantities.

I personally wouldn't be buying the fruit flavoured ones myself as I've found that my hams like them as they are. You can buy them in fairly big packs but other than where sold loose, I've not seen them in smaller quantities which is a pain if Sweep doesn't like them.
Fluffagrams is offline   Reply With Quote