View Single Post
Old 05-07-2016, 08:23 AM  
Hammy992
Adult Hamster

Default Feeding fresh foods?

Hey guys,

So since getting Custard his diet has basically consisted of Harry Hamster muesli and generic hamster nuggets, with the occasional piece of veg/sunflower seeds/pumpkin seeds thrown in. Ive drastically cut down on the "treat" seeds since reading about how fattening they are so he doesn't have those too often anymore. I must admit they were helpful for taming rewards in the beginning though!

Since I figure this may not really be meeting his nutritional needs, I want to try and establish a more interesting, nutrient-filled meal plan for him.
Ive noticed that a lot of you incorporate a variety of fresh foods/porridge/eggs etc in your hammies' daily diets, and was wondering how you go about doing this? Do you have some days where you give all human foods, and alternate this with hamster stuff on the days in between? Or do you just give them a bit of fruit/veg one day with their mix, a piece of chicken the next day, teaspoon of porridge the next etc?

Any feedback on what you feed your own hams as well as advice on what I could do would be much appreciated
Hammy992 is offline   Reply With Quote