Thread: homes
View Single Post
Old 05-05-2016, 04:00 PM  
Pebbles82
Hamster Antics

Default Re: homes

Quote:
Originally Posted by BulletTheHamster View Post
I have the crittertrail cages and they seem really small. :/ I dont have much money and i need to know where i can get a big cage for cheap. cause i also have to buy two
The crittertrails are really small. I reckon your cheapest option, if you're not up for bin cages, is to get a detolf and partition it down the middle to make two cages. You'd then have two 80cm x 42cm cages approx, which is about the minimum size for a hamster. Making the lids for the detolf is much easier than meshing a bin cage. You can get the mesh cut to size at the hardware store. Although I would hate to mesh anything as well and am not keen on diy!

So if diy is out, and meshing, then you'll need a couple of tanks or cages. You could look on ebay to see if anyone is selling a second hand fish tank cheap. Cages are around $100.

This is the dollar a gallon sale at petco - looks like it ends on Saturday!

But means you could get a 40 gallon tank for $40

http://www.petco.com/shop/PetcoNoLef...er-gallon.html

You'd need to buy Zilla mesh lids though if you don't want to make one. Which adds another $22.

Amazon.com : Zilla Reptile Terrarium Covers Fresh Air Screen, 36x18-inch : Pet Habitat Screen Covers : Pet Supplies

Do have dwarf hamsters or Syrians?
Pebbles82 is offline   Reply With Quote