View Single Post
Old 05-04-2016, 06:58 PM  
RCalabraro
Adult Hamster

Default Robos behave very differently

I picked up a pair of robos yesterday. They seem to get along well. I've never owned robos before and I'm still getting used to the idea of two in the same cage.

Their behavior is quite different than other hamsters. They don't seem to hold still long enough to be curious. I have a large bin cage for them with a terrace, 2 wheels, and lots of room, but all they seem to want to do is either run in the wheel, or run the same "trails" through the habitat. I am worried that this trail running is neurotic.

Another thing... even though the two wheels are identical, they keep elbowing each other to use one, and they ignore the other. This is driving me crazy. It doesn't look aggressive to me, it just looks like they both love that particular wheel for some reason that escapes me.

Is the trail running normal? They have a sand bath, salt block, and plenty of hiding spaces. I think they have a rich environment. I don't want them to be bored and stressed, and I can't tell if this is repetitive behavior due to boredom.

Ron, Brunhilda, and Gertrude
RCalabraro is offline   Reply With Quote