Thread: Why?
View Single Post
Old 05-03-2016, 12:45 PM  
pinkneon
Pink Glittery Hamsters

Wow, Fluffagrams I wish EVERY toy shop was like that!

Quote:
Originally Posted by zak View Post
I can remember a time not so long ago when my mam was babysitting her friends son who was around about five or six at the time and he wanted to play games on my laptop. I tried to encourage him to play games where he was a makeup artist etc since I noticed half way through that he would only play the stereotypical boy games to which he responded by shouting: "Ewww no! That's gay, (insert name here). Get it off now or I am going back downstairs.". As soon as those words came out of his mouth, I didn't know what to do or say due to how shocked I was. My mam found out a few weeks later that his dad kept drumming it into him that everyone will think he is gay if he likes anything girly. I mean how messed up is that?! Why do some people feel the need to teach children that ignorance and hate is okay when in fact isn't it and that liking things that aren't stereotypical of their genders is considered gay?
I know of a little boy who's dad confiscated the new dolly he got for Christmas one year from his Auntie. The Auntie had bought it as he had loved playing with one at their house, but the dad confiscated it! Then the little boy came out with "will you take away my babies when I grow up too?" His dad was shocked! Then his mom had a new baby, and he wanted to "help" and wanted his dolly back so he could "feed" it, but his dad only gave it back when the little boy asked why his dad was allowed to push the baby in the pram, but he wasn't allowed a dolly. Now though, he and his sisters are allowed to play with anything they want

Last edited by souffle; 05-03-2016 at 01:56 PM.
pinkneon is offline   Reply With Quote