Thread: Moving!!!
View Single Post
Old 04-28-2016, 04:09 AM  
hrl20100
Hamster Overlord

Default Re: Moving!!!

I am all moved in! So are the rats, hamsters and the gecko.
We just have the rabbits and guinea pigs to move yet... thats 3 hutches... big 6ft hutches so they will all be done in separate trips!
Poor dad, its an hours drive to get here from his house!

All the animals are very settled. One thing I didnt think about though, was the rats free range time! There is nowhere where they can come out of their cage! No idea what to do regarding that side of it... But besides that the animals are very happy. I got the rats a bunch of new toys to keep them distracted by the new environment and it worked. They are very happy!

Hugo will be getting a new cage very soon which I am excited about.

We have the hamsters all on our chest of drawers at the moment, not sure if we can find somewhere to put the shelving unit I wanted to get for the cages... But the good news is that if I can pursuade my boyfriend to get alaska cages for his hammies, then they will all fit (just!) on the chest of drawers. His on one side (stacked) and mine on the other side (stacked)
He has been looking for a new cage for his hamsters and I suggested getting alaskas... but he said they are far too big for hamsters and they don't use all the space. He likes the look of the hamster heaven (he found one going for £60 on gumtree) but didnt want to spend £60 on a cage. He likes ones with all the levels and ramps (and tubes unfortunately)

Now that I have moved in I now have an excuse to buy his hamsters new things when I get mine new stuff! Also, there is no way he can forget to clean them out when i'm here because if he doesn't do it, I will! I am happy to look after his animals haha :P