View Single Post
Old 04-27-2016, 12:56 AM  
cypher
Dwarf whisperer

Default Re: Chinese or Dwarf?

It's not all down to species as each ham has it's own character but generally Chinese tend to be a bit skittish & shy by nature so taming takes more time & patience than with the Russian hams (I guess that's what you mean by dwarf).
Three out of four of my Russian hybrids have absolutely loved out of cage time in the play pen & been very interactive both in & out of the cage, the other was a little nervous out of the cage but still loved cuddles!
My Chinese tend to prefer to interact in the cage although Zeki's new & still getting used to out of cage time so who knows! Still very friendly little characters all the same.
Chinese love to dig & burrow so will often prefer to spend quite a lot of their time underground, great fun to listen to but maybe not what you want.
How friendly they are will depend on their own individual character & you won't know what that is until you've had them a while with either species, it will also depend on how sensitive you are to their needs & character, letting a ham be itself without any expectations of what it should or will be usually reaps the greatest rewards!
❤️
cypher is offline   Reply With Quote