Thread: New Hamster
View Single Post
Old 04-26-2016, 03:33 PM  
Abi5sos1d
Adult Hamster

Default Re: New Hamster

Quote:
Originally Posted by herbi7 View Post
Aw, peanut is so sweet. There isn't any need to spend loads of money on toys unless you want to... At the moment my boys have simple and disposable stuff so they are easy to disinfect and clean... We have a cat food box theme going on 😊 the tough boxes that pouches come in for houses and the thinner card from boxes of cat biscuits folded into tubes with holes cut out. They both love them. Littlun has a broken ladle bottom for his bowl as it fits his bottom perfectly to sit in and feed, and after seeing serendipity's salt pig for Charlie I managed to find an old plant pot which has a similar roundly shape and he has commandeered it for his main hoarding and snacking spot. Bailey has a terracotta plant saucer for his bowl. And it all cost nothing 😊 . I also make hammocks out of denim from old jeans and fix them to the bars with safety pins or paper clips. It works fine, just make sure you don't have a hamster who demolishes fabric.
Well I wouldn't know that as she has no fabric in her cage whatsover, I think I am going to make a cardboard playhouse out of a few tubes and a shoebox and thank you very much, your hammies are gorgeous!!
Abi5sos1d is offline   Reply With Quote