View Single Post
Old 04-26-2016, 07:56 AM  
pinkneon
Pink Glittery Hamsters

Default Children and hamsters

I just wondered what age you allow children to hold/play with/ help with hamsters? I'm babysitting right now, and the children are 3 and 1 so they've only seen Sweep when he popped out for some food, but I am not letting them hold him. BUT, my little girl is 5. She currently doesn't live with me, but may well be coming back to live with me once I (eventually!) move, so if she does she will be around Sweep all the time. If she was to play with him, it would obviously be supervized, but is 5 too young? At the moment she has seen Sweep but not held him ...
Also, what age do you allow children to OWN a pet - obviously as a parent/carer you would be likely to be doing most of the looking after. I know everyone will have different opinions, and there is no right or wrong answer, but I am just wondering what everyone thinks
At the weekend we had one of my neices with us. She is 3. She REALLY wanted to see Sweep, but he was asleep. But I am supposed to be looking after her at the weekend here, but am wondering if she is a bit young to hold him, even for a minute?
pinkneon is offline   Reply With Quote