View Single Post
Old 04-25-2016, 09:12 AM  
WinnieTheHam
Autumn Hamstery

Default Re: What colours can you get with a yellow male?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ellie&Monty View Post
Thank you for your help, this was very helpful and I didnt at all mean you would get a certain colour, I meant it in as thats what most people say youre most likely to get, I understand its still a lucky dip. I dont own my sable anymore, this was when I was younger, and the two Ive bred recently, were both yellow based genes, Black Yellow/ Yellow Black/ Mel Yellow(I cant spell the word so I have to call them black yellow) and a honey, So ive only ever had yellow babies from him, But I want to start experimenting, seeing what I can get, etc but i can't ever find the information I'm looking for
Do you live in the UK?

If so, I'm hoping you get your hamsters from breeders - it really helps know what you'll expect in the litter. You should get a pedigree certificate with your hamsters, which will help see what your hamster could be carrying, for example if their great great grandparent was cream, then your hamster could carry cream too. I think Honey is Cinnamon+Yellow? (I'm not very knowledgable on yellow based colours). I'd give a go at trying to figure out the colours you could get but I don't want to give you wrong information so I'd wait until Nancy or someone else can help