View Single Post
Old 04-19-2016, 02:48 AM  
AmityvilleHams
PM Fluffy for custom title

Default Re: Protein and Fiber Supplements

Quote:
Originally Posted by hamtarokid View Post
Sorry I took a long time to get back with this! I went to a pet store today and looked at the food. The only thing they had that wasn't crazy overpriced was the same as one of the two things they had in the other store that weren't crazy overpriced. So it looks like I have two types of hamster food to choose from, both with roughly the same percentages.

Protein is 12.3% (or more, is what it says), fat is 7.7%, and fiber is 12%. There's also data for ash, moisture, and calories, but idk how important those are.

If I give my hamster oatmeal a couple times a week and regular vegetables with occasional egg or chicken do you think that will be okay?
Do you have lab blocks available?If so,it might be worth considering a mixed diet.Of course,I'd suggest trying to find a lab block with around 23% protein to mix in and since the protein of the food you're considering is similar to the Higgins Vita Garden protein amount I'd say you'd end up with around 18% or so give or take if you had a 60% lab block(at 23% protein)40% seed mix diet.
AmityvilleHams is offline   Reply With Quote