View Single Post
Old 04-18-2016, 12:47 AM  
Pebbles82
Hamster Antics

Default Re: Wheel solutions ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abi5sos1d View Post
Would this be a good idea for the cage Peanut would be getting? As she will be in a cage that won't have any bars on the side? Would it be tall enough though? Because once she is in this new cage I can put in much deeper substrate for her.
Hi! Did you mean the fenced off area or the platform? Anyway the fenced off area can be a good idea so you can have low substrate in the area the wheel is in (so having it at the end means the rest of the cage can have deep substrate). For platforms I think the tall Trixie one is good - it stands about 21cm tall so it's a good height for standing over deeper substrate. I bought one for Charlie's cage and was quite impressed with it, but haven't used it yet - I solved the problem I wanted it for and the cage is quite fully already, but I still plan to use it at some point. The legs just screw into the base. I've seen them in a few tanks and in duna tanks - it would provide head cover (ie something to hide under) as they need that in an open tank sometimes where there are no shelves.

I always put these natural wood items in the freezer for a couple of days before using them as I'm a bit cautious about anything having woodworm or other little things living in them. I don't think everyone does that though - it's just something that gives me peace of mind

Trixie Natural Living Shelter, 30 x 22 x 25 cm: Amazon.co.uk: Pet Supplies

I didn't link it on the other thread as it's too tall to stand a wheel on for a bin cage. It would need access to get to the top - a little bridge or a bendy bridge ramp.
Pebbles82 is offline   Reply With Quote