View Single Post
Old 04-14-2016, 03:43 PM  
pinkneon
Pink Glittery Hamsters

Default Re: Carefresh COLORS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Serendipity7000 View Post
I think I've seen it used a fair bit. I always wondered about the colours too but haven't heard of any issues with it. I found Carefresh a bit dusty compared to Fitch. I think that was the ultra - I got it because someone told me it was less dusty. Many people are happy using it though and maybe bags vary. If Sweep is having a cage change you probably won't need much extra substrate at first if you move all his old substrate across to his new cage (which is probably a good idea to help reduce the stress of the change), but you could always mix a bit in and gradually add some, which is probably what you meant. Some people have one area of the coloured Carefresh and the rest different.
Yeah when he moves to his new cage I'll transfer the current substrate. May have to also add a little depeding on how much there is as obviously the base of this one is smaller than the Alexander! But I'm thinking more for a month or two time when I want to do something Summery ... But may as well buy it now as I'm buying the normal one and some other bits now too
pinkneon is offline   Reply With Quote