View Single Post
Old 04-12-2016, 02:06 AM  
AmityvilleHams
PM Fluffy for custom title

Default Re: Inventing a product?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Serendipity7000 View Post
I wish. Yes sometimes it makes you want to invent your own products. A very determined person might be able to manage this, depending on what it is. It would take a lot of work, business plans and marketing to get a cage produced and on the market and might not be very profitable due to competition, although someone has done this with a wood cage range, so a cottage industry could be possible, but would probably be a sideline and costings would need to be done carefully.

https://www.etsy.com/uk/listing/2535...?ref=related-3

They do a 90cm version as well. I very nearly got one but stuck to a traditional cage as it was an upgrade and Charlie was used to a cage so wanted something similar and to keep the layout similar.

A few people have made and sold hamster accessories. And the piggy room makes houses.

Making a wheel sounds great!
I think wheels would be able to have far more profit and would be easier to ship and all that.Just the size and bulkiness of an actual cage is what makes it difficult really,and the time and effort that is required to build the cage and source materials and all that.Wheels are much easier though,so it could be a very good idea
AmityvilleHams is offline   Reply With Quote