View Single Post
Old 04-06-2016, 11:11 AM  
pinkneon
Pink Glittery Hamsters

Default Re: Nervous about hair dying!

I dyed my hair red a few years ago and now regret it as my hair is really frizzy and curly so takes AGES to grow, so I can't even get highlights like I had in the past. I did once cut all my hair off (moment of madness!) but it took soooooooooooooooooooooo long to grow back. This was over 3 years ago, and it's only JUST shoulder lenght now! And then when it was growing I (stupidly!) dyed it red again ... So if I want to get rid of it I have to "strip" out the color which is really bad for your hair. So the hairdresser couldn't do the blonde highlights I wanted and I had to try dying it a sort of auburn color to try and tone down the red ... It went ginger! Thankfully that wasn't permenant so it didn't stay too long!
If you really want to go brown, you could try a non permenant dye - so it washes out after so many washes. This can be a good way to try it and see if you like the color, and if not then you only have to wait til it washes out. I wouldn't try doing it yourself the first time though. Some of the ones you buy in the shop that claim to be "wash in wash out" ones actually last so long that you can't get it out without stripping it or growing it back out ... Could you try some darkish low lights? A hairdresser should be able to advise you about colors etc. That way you could try it without dying your whole hair that color and then after you can choose to go comepletely that color or not ...
pinkneon is offline   Reply With Quote