View Single Post
Old 04-05-2016, 12:16 PM  
pinkneon
Pink Glittery Hamsters

Default Re: Being Sweep - the life of a hamster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by flowerfairy View Post
Gopal is in the barney which has the same sized bars as the Alexander. He had a vague try at bar chewing but gave up. I think that the spacing of the bars makes chewing harder.

You could always make a nice wooden platform from plywood with timber legs to go in the maxi. I am considering this for Woodstock to make his maxi more exciting.

I find that whizzy hamsters like new toys every few days. I add in the odd cardboard box with doors cut into them. It gives them something new to investigate and (hopefully) takes their mind off escaping!
Can't really put a shelf in as there wouldn't be room to put anything on top, and also Sweep has discovered that if he stabds on top of his house he can reach the top of the cage and will monkey bar along the top, try climbing out when I open the cage, and try chewing the bars if there is no book there!

What I like about the Alexander or the Barney are the doors on the side, which may suit Sweep a lot better as he is still nervous when I open the top and side doors would be better for me to access the access the cage and feed him etc
pinkneon is offline   Reply With Quote