View Single Post
Old 04-05-2016, 05:36 AM  
racinghamster
PM Fluffy for custom title

Default Re: Yellow specs round ears?

Have you noticed any change in the small ear warts hrl? Is the cream absorbing well or does it stay on the skin when applied?

Give it until the weekend and see if any changes happen. Fungal infections, for example, ringworm, usually take around two weeks to be eradicated using Daktarin cream (GP prescription for humans). I`ve used this myself having contacted ringworm from a mouse I had, but your vet was possibly thinking outside the box for something you could try over-the-counter.

If you see no changes at all or more signs appear, go and see someone else because this vet may not be too savvy. Maybe call the practice and ask the receptionist or the nurse if they can recommend an exotics vet or a vet within their practice who has the best hamster knowledge.

Not great that he gets frozen while at the vets though but that`s understandable. It`s nerves. Just give it time hrl and let things work. If not, it may be worth leaving it for a while to see whether the warts stay as they are or disappear. Good immunity by feeding him dark berries and immune boosting food might help. x