View Single Post
Old 03-28-2016, 12:56 PM  
Pebbles82
Hamster Antics

Default Re: Deciding between two cages

That's a good point - fixing the silent spinner to the bars. I don't think that would work in the Savic Mickey 2XL - it's quite low really - about 36cm height internally - and the wheel would probably rub against the base. I know a California Storm Wheel won't fit in it height wise. I think it's a good cage for a small syrian or a dwarf hamster. And ok for an average syrian but you'd want a fairly compact wheel in there really so it didn't get too overcrowded.

Do you have the Silent Spinner already? If not I wouldn't recommend getting a new one because they changed manufacture last year I think it was and they don't seem to spin that well any more.

You probably wouldn't like the Silent Runner from exotic nutrition if you're not keen on wodent wheels because it fits together in a very similar way - with a front and back and a track - although it is easier in some ways as it doesn't have an axle or a pin.

Yes the Goran is a bit expensive. Out of the two I prefer the Savic Mickey 2XL - the other one could work out costing more to set up with extra shelves and so on. And the Silent Spinner will fit in the Savic Mickey 2XL heightwise but you'd have to stand it on the floor of the cage I reckon. The 12" silent runner is less deep but wouldn't fit heightwise. I had the wheel end 'fenced off' with the substrate higher beyond the fenced off bit.
Pebbles82 is offline   Reply With Quote