View Single Post
Old 03-20-2016, 12:32 PM  
hrl20100
Hamster Overlord

Default Possibly moving... with 16 animals...

So basically I might be moving in with my boyfriend at his parents house. They have a converted summer house in the garden and we'd be living there. I have been told that all my animals can come too. I have 3 rabbits (one is very old...) 3 guinea pigs, 8 rats and 2 hamsters.

I don't know how we are going to manage to move them all without causing them loads of stress! The rats have a very large (and very heavy!) cage. If possible I want it to fit into my dads van without having to dismantle it, I have lost the instructions and putting it back together again will be a struggle.

The rabbits and guinea pigs will live outside and have access to an large open avairy (it has finches in but they have their own rabbit that runs around in it sometimes) so they will alternate days/times to go out for a run around.

My boyfriend has a dog (not very well trained) and he has never met my animals before because dad hates dogs so he's not allowed to bring him round here. I worry that my animals are going to get stressed out because of the new envrionment, the actual journey/transport and because of the dog!

Any ideas on how to make the move as calm as possible for them all?