View Single Post
Old 03-20-2016, 05:52 AM  
Pebbles82
Hamster Antics

Default Re: I don't know what to do?

That depends! Charlie always weighed a lot lol! I'm sure someone will be able to give you a guideline though.

I think it is perfectly normal for them not to hoard food in the first few weeks. I remember being quite worried that Charlie didn't pouch anything for the first 3 or 4 weeks and like you, I was told on here that that is normal in a baby ham. If there wasn't enough food in his bowl though, he would poop in his bowl - maybe to make sure there would always be something to eat. They actually don't eat very much each day. Most of the food that gets taken from a bowl normally gets hoarded. Even if I give Charlie a small piece of apple, banana or cheese, something he really likes. He'll nibble on it for a bit and then leave most of it. The only exception to that is porridge and he eats all of that! I'm sure he'll be taking what he needs. But it would be a good idea to check his weight regularly. Have you tried giving him a treat on your hand? Or something really tempting? Like cucumber or cheese or hammy choc drops? That might give an indication of if he is off food or not.
Pebbles82 is offline   Reply With Quote