Thread: College courses
View Single Post
Old 03-03-2016, 10:50 AM  
WinnieTheHam
Autumn Hamstery

Default Re: College courses

If I was you I would do a level 3 in veterinary nursing. I'm doing a level 3 diploma in animal management at the moment, and I too want to become a veterinary nurse. It would have been better for me to do veterinary nursing instead but at the time I just knew I wanted to work with animals.

I must say, I've done two level 3 diplomas, and this animal management one is extremely difficult and very stressful. Although, everything in education is! Also, it may differ for you because it could be a different college and work scheme.

I'm wanting to do an apprenticeship after college in veterinary nursing, I did want to go to uni to study it but because I find the level 3 so difficult and stressful I don't think I'd survive in Uni.

You need to make sure you're an organised person and can handle a lot of work load, be prepared and plan everything! I have to come in during holidays and my days off to stay on top of all the workload... but that's because I'm not an organised person and I procrastinate all the time.

It's extremely interesting though, and you learn so much! (mainly through your own research, the tutors barely teach you anything)

But as I said, It's probably just the way my college do things which is why it's so stressful. If you have any questions about the course please feel free to ask! But I recommend doing a Lvl 3 in Veterinary Nursing, because Animal management is more for things like being a zoo keeper etc..