View Single Post
Old 02-27-2016, 03:43 PM  
Bertiebobbins
Hamster Overlord

Default Re: Can you change their sleep????

Our replied crossed!

I got hams as a pet for my daughter (nearly 4) and I find the morning is the best time to to catch them (both!) for interaction. She goes to bed at 7 -7:30 latest and hardly ever sees them in the evening and the hams are unwilling to adapt their schedule it seems. In the morning we give them a small spoon of porridge each which they anticipate, and my daughter interacts with them then - she gives them their porridge, usually one or the other comes out for a cuddle, and there's some spot cleaning to help with. Also, they're sleepier and slower than at night! I've also taken great pains to educate her as to their natural instincts so she understands their activity patterns. She loves the odd occasion when one of them is up just after she went to bed and I bring her a hamster to say goodnight to her!

A tip - My hams get their main play times at night when my daughter is asleep - I love playing with them and she enjoys seeing pictures and videos of their evening antics just as much as if she had bee there herself!
Bertiebobbins is offline   Reply With Quote