View Single Post
Old 02-27-2016, 03:35 PM  
Bertiebobbins
Hamster Overlord

Default Re: Can you change their sleep????

You can change their routines but it is preferable to stick to the natural instinct of being crepuscular. Mine are both Syrians and they are up early evenings, 7pm ish onwards they might pop out to start the "day" and they won't ask to come out of their cages until they're ready, usually between 8 and 11 pm they'll have an hour playtime out of cage each separately. They're both very different - one will come out of his nest if he hears noise in the room and would come out wherever anyone would let him, and the other will generally hide away if he hears us but will come out for his veg bowl and sometimes asks to come for out for his playtime. I've been up in the night a lot recently and discovered they don't play all night, usually in the middle of the night they're asleep again and get up in the early hours, and then again when we get up for the day they come out for a quick hi, drink, wee and that's them for the day.

For instance the more shy one has been out of his cage running around for about 1.5 hrs and he's currently fast asleep behind the sofa!

I "trained" mine by doing the same things at the same times like Ruby suggested.
Bertiebobbins is offline   Reply With Quote