View Single Post
Old 02-26-2016, 05:51 AM  
racinghamster
PM Fluffy for custom title

Default Re: Wheezing & sneezing??

Hi. Did she see a vet who said she had a pronounced chest/respiratory infection lunabear? Or has she just shown signs of having one and the same symptoms are recurring? Sorry if I`ve missed something. Baytril does sometimes help with mild respiratory problems and usually if it`s dosed correctly it can ward off any bacterial stuff going on. But weather changes (very cold outside but also feels colder in the house) can sometimes cause changes like this.

It`s good that you are keeping her warm and as suggested, make sure she`s getting offered small fingernail sized pieces of RAW broccoli, cauliflower, sweet corn nibblets, carrot and garden peas/green bean. So safe veggies and also a little piece of apple. Royal Gala variety are lovely.

Vitamin C I wouldn`t bother with. It`s not necessary and will be normally be expelled through the kidneys anyway. The veggies mentioned will do exactly the same thing as they are packed with vitamins.

Buy a bag of supreme science selective hamster food and mash up a biscuit with a peanut, a shelled sunflower seed, a pumpkin seed and a dry mealworm. Bash these into a powder and add a drop of water. Make into a marzipan-like all and break bits off as a tasty treat. Leave it to dry out. Hamsters love these. Look at her dry diet and break up anything that`s too big or hard as she may not be eating it all. What hamster does?!!!

If she`s sleeping more, that`s fine. My little russian hamster is too but the weather is freezing here and I have the heating on higher. Add to the food diet. Food helps maintain their body heat so making sure she`s eating a good variety of stuff will help. Even look at things like broken bits of Weetabix, shredded wheat, porridge oats, rich tea biscuit. x