View Single Post
Old 02-26-2016, 12:38 AM  
velma

Default Re: The lovely Lewis

Quote:
Originally Posted by cypher View Post
Hello lovely Lewis!

I've really been looking forward to this thread & more photos, they're lovely!

He does look teensy in there & totally adorable of course, he seems to be settling in really well already.
Has he started digging & burrowing yet? That's when you know they've really made themselves at home lol!

I wouldn't worry about doing the transition from the P@H muesli to a better dwarf food too slowly, they love small seeds so he'll probably take to the change really well & there does seem to be a lot of corn in that one for a Chinesey.
He seems to be using his house now, which is good. The first couple of days he dug himself a nest under his wheel. Y'know, the part of the cage with the really shallow substrate I'm hoping now he's more comfortable up the other end of the cage he'll discover he can dig properly. I guess in p@h he never had that to know what to do with it He took to his wheel straight away though. It's an 8" Willy wheel but it's quite wobbly (the stand is stable but the wheel wobbles on it's axle) And as its dark purple it's quite hard to see him in it. So I think I'll swap him over to the spare 6.5" silent spinner I have when I've given it a good soak. Lewis is a wheel pee'er though so I won't be getting him a closed in wheel. But that's easier to deal with than peeing in the best so of the two I hope it stays that way.

He seems to be going straight for the millet and other bits of Burgess first, over the p@h so I think you're right, I won't stress too much about the swap as I'm really not keen on the p@h but a few days more days of gradually phasing out should do the trick.
velma is offline   Reply With Quote