View Single Post
Old 02-22-2016, 08:02 AM  
lovelyhamsters5
Newborn Pup

Quote:
Originally Posted by xbuttons94 View Post
It is difficult to tell if a hamster enjoys being in the ball or not plus they can bump into things. You can get some with a stand but it isn't much different from them being on their wheel. I think its a 50/50 thing. Some people use them and some don't. I put my hams in playpens rather than in a ball for out of cage time. If he goes in on his own then he might be enjoying it but I avoid using them.
I tried to get a playpen and they just ended up climbing out of it somehow Einstein doesnt like the playpen he always would try to escape he would never play

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sm_banks View Post
Keep doing what you are doing. I put mine in balls 10-15 minutes at a time. People say hamster balls are bad because it limits their ability to smell and also distorts their vision. I use a clear ball so they can still see and it is ventilated so they can smell. Just don't make the ball time excessively long.
Yeah I have a clear ball too so thats good

Quote:
Originally Posted by cypher View Post
I don't think balls are as dangerous for syrians as they are for dwarfs but there is still a danger of injury, you can't really tell if a ham is enjoying the ball or trying to escape it really either.
If you have space to set up a play pen or safe play area you can give your ham a much safer, healthier & more stimulating time out of the cage.
I will try to get a better playpen, I had one but Einstein would keep escaping, he leared how to climb the bars and get out, do you know anyways I could make a home made playpen?

Last edited by Vectis Hamstery; 02-22-2016 at 02:02 PM.
lovelyhamsters5 is offline   Reply With Quote