Thread: Probiotics?
View Single Post
Old 02-21-2016, 01:10 PM  
hrl20100
Hamster Overlord

Default Re: Probiotics?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nancy's Hamsters View Post
They would be good for Rosie and are bacteria that aids the Filia in the gut to move digestion on. You may also wish to try a small bit of natural Pumpkin on Rosie it has to be real pumpkin not pie filling type pumpkin. Pumpkin will balance the gut aiding in constipated animals to go easier, and will firm up loose droppings if from just and upset tummy.
Quote:
Originally Posted by cypher View Post
Probiotics help to maintain the correct balance of bacteria in the gut which in turn creates efficient digestion & better absorption of nutrients, a healthy body & stronger immune system generally so they are good to give to any animal that is sick & especially with any digestive system problems.
I've never had to try pumpkin but I have read that it's really good for animals digestion whether they have constipation or diarrhoea, it's a general balancer so worth a go.
Thankyou both of you
I have never tried pumpkin on any animal before, but I have heard about it. Will I have to buy a whole big pumpkin or can you get it in puree form or in smaller portions? No one likes pumpkin so it would go to waste! If not, i'll just buy a whole one, but i'd rather not if possible!

I will try the probiotics with her and see how it goes