Thread: Taming food?
View Single Post
Old 02-18-2016, 11:28 PM  
cypher
Dwarf whisperer

Default Re: Taming food?

Most russian hams love mealworms so one or two of those a day make great treats, they generally love their veg too so giving her a small piece of fresh veg by hand each day can also be a good way to give a treat.
Pumpkin seeds are good to but only one or two a week.
You can just try taking some tasty bits out of her food mix & feeding those by hand too, it works with all of mine!
I think those heart treats may be more of a favourite with syrians Serendipity, none of mine will ever touch them!
If she's a breeder ww you don't have to worry about giving the odd tiny piece of fruit or sweeter treats but if she's a pet shop ham/hybrid do steer clear of anything sweet at all.

ETA don't know why I forgot to mention millet before!
It's usually a huge hit with russian hams, either just a few seeds or a small bit broken off a large spray for them to nibble on.
They do tend to like small seeds in general, things like hemp, flax, perilla & poppy but not too much of anything at once as these are all quite oil rich although very healthy.
❤️

Last edited by cypher; 02-19-2016 at 04:17 AM.
cypher is offline   Reply With Quote