View Single Post
Old 02-17-2016, 06:10 AM  
RubyDG
PM Fluffy for custom title

Default Re: Has anyone ever made their own hamster food?

It does sound a lot of fun trying out various food ingredients like that! For me though I'm too paranoid about messing up a mix if I make it myself - just don't feel I know enough personally about hamster nutrition for it to be a good idea. Maybe in another few years I'll look at it again . I was eyeing a pre-made mix they have on Mixerama for Syrians though : Nessa Goldsmith & TeddyHamster Mix. Anyone else think it looks pretty good? (I did spot the chickpeas in it )

There is the one called Fairytale Means Hamster Extra (can't seem to get the specific page to link). Interestingly enough they have a version without animal protien. Anyone know why? I know you can get protein from other sources but is there a reason why people prefer mixes without animal protein specifically? (aside from being vegetarian I mean)

They seem to have quite a lot of different variations on mixes on that site. They also sell some base mixes which I am assuming are mostly good on their own but are meant to have stuff added too as you prefer - that may be a good option for those just starting to make their own mixes rather than doing it completely from scratch.