Thread: Evil hamster
View Single Post
Old 02-17-2016, 01:12 AM  
cypher
Dwarf whisperer

Default Re: Evil hamster

Well your cage is fine so no worries there, the wheel is good too, without seeing a photo it's hard to know if anything could be better but overall it sounds good.
The play box is way too small though, I'm assuming we're talking syrian here, if so the metal play pens aren't safe as they can climb out too easily & only really work for dwarf hams.
I would make one, either use cardboard nice & high at the sides & secure where any joins are, or use correx, I made one simply cutting four pieces, making a small hole in each corner & fixing with cable ties, it's secure & folds flat when not in use.
Once you've done that put lots of toys, cardboard boxes, crunched up plain brown paper etc basically anything that's fun to explore.
Young hams are full of energy & want to run around exploring, they often appear intent on escaping but that's just what they do so supervise carefully & gently persuade him to go back into the play pen area (with gloves if need be!).
Once he's tired himself out a bit having lots of fun he may be a bit more inclined to interact with you but always take it slowly & never try to rush things.
❤️
cypher is offline   Reply With Quote