View Single Post
Old 02-03-2016, 04:21 AM  
Pebbles82
Hamster Antics

Default Re: 100cm Barney refiew

A couple of things I'd like to add to your review! The base is great! Really deep! It's quoted as 16cm deep I think, but is deeper than my current cage which has a 16cm base. The Barney base on mine actually measures 17cm at the highest point and seems really deep - with the substrate piled up a bit in the middle I've got at least 20cm of substrate in and it manages that easily without coming out through the sides.

I also think the small doors at the front could be good for sticking one of those long flexible tubes in, so a hamster can come in and out of the cage into a playpen for example.

Pricewise - I think it needs extra shelves and hammocks and sputniks, and that the Alexander might actually work out cheaper due to coming with the three shelves and having less high areas to think about.

Someone once measured the internal height of the Alexander for me and I think it was 45 to 46cm tall (the Barney is 43cm internally) so there's not a lot of difference apart from the Barney having the flat top. The 50cm height quoted for the Alexander must include the handles I think.

Also I think the Barney is basically the Tilo - cage I always wanted! - (which seems to have been discontinued now) but with different contents supplied.
Pebbles82 is offline   Reply With Quote