View Single Post
Old 01-29-2016, 01:28 AM  
Bertiebobbins
Hamster Overlord

Default Re: Is anybody else addicted to hamsters and hamster forums?

im not sure 'addiction' is the right term, maybe 'obsession' is more appropriate? I don't think there is anything wrong with having a passion for something and wanting to do the best by your pet. Although I've found that actually the hamster thing is quite finite, once I had their cages sorted out and decided what their diet is and learned everything about three, I'd pretty much exhausted the subject. Which I find nice because I don't worry about them anymore, I know they have the best of everything and I'm just getting on with enjoying them for the rest of their short little lives now.

I do love this forum though because it's nice to check in with other hamster owners who have the same level of investment in their pets' wellbeing, get to know them and their hamsters a little bit, pick up some of the knowledge about genetics and breeding etc.

I'm quite prone to having obsession with things so my friends/family are quite used to it now, and they usually become a bit interested in whatever I'm into because I like to explore the subject with such great detail. My dad has become quite fascinated with how intelligent these little creatures are, and my mum keeps dropping in carefully selected vegetable off cuts for them!
Bertiebobbins is offline   Reply With Quote