View Single Post
Old 01-28-2016, 07:41 AM  
Pebbles82
Hamster Antics

Default Re: Is anybody else addicted to hamsters and hamster forums?

I know what you mean - it can overtake a bit and it's good to get outside and do something hands on! And keep perspective, because sometimes with Internet forums it seems that nobody actually does anything else, or that every waking hour is spent talking about hamsters lol. When we all have lives out there as well.

I think spending too long on the internet in one go, can be bad for your sanity sometimes though! But then an addicition is something you enjoy and can't stop doing because it's so fascinating - and being able to discuss your hobby with other people who feel the same is quite special!

How many hamsters have you got lol?! I think computers have a lot to answer for - they are a wonderful mine of information and sharing on the forums is nice - but computers do tend to take over our lives a bit sometimes and you lose track of time how long you're on them. I've just bought a couple of 'new' board games on ebay to get us doing something that doesn't involve computers the odd evening. They are ones from my childhood and not made any more and can't wait to have a go again! One is 'Careers' (if anyone remembers it). The original version, not the silly updated 80s or girls edition. Similar to Monopoly but about having adventures, going on careers, and not just about making money but gaining in luck and happiness along the way as well (apparently it was designed by a sociologist). I was getting a bit worried about little boy's obsession with money playing Monopoly ha ha. The other one is 'Go' where you travel round a map of the world and have to book flights, organise travel and collect enough souvenirs then get back home. Some of our nicest moments are playing hands on board games. I sometimes insist the telly goes off and we play scrabble.

Last edited by Pebbles82; 01-28-2016 at 07:48 AM.
Pebbles82 is offline   Reply With Quote