View Single Post
Old 01-23-2016, 12:22 PM  
bbbarker
Hamster Pup

Unhappy HELP! Piggies not getting on?!

Hi everyone, if you have seen my previous thread you will know, as of yesterday I became a new Piggy owner.
Yesterday I left the Piggies to it, I talked to them the occasional time but other than that I wanted to leave them to settle in. Today Timothy the more confident one came out of their bed to get some veggies off me and Larry just stayed in bed where he has been everytime I come into the room.
So today my dad was doing a bit of work in our downstairs bathroom and so was making a lot of noise. It was so unplanned but due to a leak some work had to be done. I covered half of their cage and put more hay in their bed.
So tonight their cage needed cleaning, they are on newspaper with megazorb on the top. Since their pee had soaked through to the newspaper I needed the piggies out of their cage to clean, so I put them in their very large playpen with toys from their cage.
I was in tears when they starting chasing each others bums, Timothy was chewing Larrys hair at one point (Larry didn't react to this) a little bit of teeth chattering was happening along with other noises. They just seemed to be having a little argument, no biting was involved! I've contacted the rescue I got them from and am awaiting a reply. But I just needed some reassurance!
They are now back in their cages and I haven't heard a sound from them.
Was their behaviour due to the stress of the noise from earlier?!
bbbarker is offline   Reply With Quote