Thread: My sweetie
View Single Post
Old 01-18-2016, 10:43 AM  
fuzzyfriendly
Newborn Pup

Default Re: My sweetie

Hi guys, thank you all for your kind responses. I think we are back on track. We had two more sessions outside the cage. Little escape artist manages to find a hole in my floor plan every time. Today she climbed 30 cm of towel (vertically! in a second!) that I have put between box and wall to fill the tiny gap between them. So I scooped her up and shortened the playtime to 5 minutes, just to figure out a new plan for tomorrow . Probably a piece of carton will do. Luckily she is quite calm when I'm holding her with both hands, peeking around mostly

Is it possible that she is not really enjoying her time outside the cage? How do hamsters look like when they seem to be enjoying time outside the cage? Or even: how does a happy hamster look like? Darn here I go with my stupid questions once again.

Basically she climbs all over us, and runs around the room like crazy. Looking for escape? Basically checking every corner every time she comes around an trying to climb up the walls. She did this yesterday for about 20 minutes. Slowed down for about 5 sec to clean herself a bit. I've put toys (tunnels, wooden toys, some books, a small cardboard box) and some food on the floor. She ignored everything, even the tunnels that she likes in her cage. I've put some close to the wall in case she didn't like the open space, but it made no difference. I will try using the bath, maybe even tomorrow. But I'm afraid she will somehow manage to pull out the plug and try to go down the drain or something that I haven't foreseen. Another plan that I have is just to buy enough of tunnels to connect her cage from the topwith a big cardboard box (filled with other objects). That way she could return to her cage anytime during play session. What do you think?
fuzzyfriendly is offline   Reply With Quote