Thread: My sweetie
View Single Post
Old 01-09-2016, 09:14 AM  
fuzzyfriendly
Newborn Pup

Default Re: My sweetie

I will try mealworms first thing on Monday! Can't wait to see the reaction.

I bought three brands of food before I got her. So today I gave her a teaspoon of Vitakraft food for mini hamsters. We will see how that goes. I also have Deli Nature 5* for mice, gerbils and mini hamsters. Do you think any of those would be ok?

I will also try to find Burgess or Jr Farm. I'm almost sure I saw JR farm in local pet store. But the packaging threw me off. That drawn hammie looked a bit too happy . It's actually a great time to experiment with packaged food, I think - because birds and other critters may enjoy my failed experiments in the winter. On the other hand I don't want any bird to get something stuck in it's throat. Darn, I can't win.

She wouldn't take a piece of cheese today but she went crazy for a nail size piece of parsley. I was planning to give her a small piece of basil but with all of the information out there ... I must admit I get confused sometimes. Green lettuce (except iceberg lettuce) should be ok right? I got strange info as far as cucumbers are concerned. I'm not sure about bell peppers as well. It just seems every time I check a piece of food, there is this one person that had a bad experience with it.

How bad are fruits like banana, apples and raisins? Is there a problem with sour green apples like granny smith?
fuzzyfriendly is offline   Reply With Quote