Thread: My sweetie
View Single Post
Old 01-09-2016, 01:08 AM  
fuzzyfriendly
Newborn Pup

Default Re: My sweetie

We named her Kepica, which means a small ball as in snowball, ice cream ball in our language

It might be a stupid question, but I'm not sure she is eating enough. How much does a young hamster eat? I bought Harry hamster food. When I brought her home I put two teaspoons in her bowl. She took and I'm almost sure she ate some of it, but most of it is still sitting there today (third day). I also gave her a tiny piece of egg white, squash and carrot. She ate those right away. (Don't want to give her too much, because I don't plan to thoroughly clean out her cage for at least a week. If she hoards fresh food somewhere it will go bad in a couple of days right? Besides I know fresh food has to be introduced slowly.) I haven't seen her pouch anything yet. If I want her to eat the right stuff, I should probably leave the hamster-food mix in her bowl and not change it for a while right? I think if I put a new spoon in, she will pick out stuff she prefers again. And that way she won't get the right ratio of ingredients. She is not peeing in the bowl, I have checked that.

I am thinking of scattering her food in the future. But for right now, I wanted to see if she is eating and how much. I know she is tiny. And in the back of my mind I know she won't starve next to a full food bowl. But I still worry a bit.

She is active otherwise. Right now I'm dropping bits of tiny food, leave my hand in front of her for a while and then slowly pull my hand away. She eats everything right away, and she hasn't ran away yet, so I guess she is not afraid of me. I haven't put her out of the cage to roam. I will probably do that in the beginning of the next week.
fuzzyfriendly is offline   Reply With Quote