View Single Post
Old 01-08-2016, 03:43 PM  
lady jocardi
Senior Hamster

Default Re: Worried about Jocci.

I've tried to take on board the things you have all said. Many of you are a lot more experienced with hammer than i...Jocci is our first furbaby. A number of you have in effect told me to chill out and let Jocci dictate....so I am doing so. I was very worried when I got up this morning as she hadn't left her bed for more than 24 hrs. I checked to make sure she was still with us....and she accepted a small piece of carrot...but shed not touched her porridge with medicine in. I went to work and called the vet to take her this evening. But...as it happened...my daughter took ill in school so I had to leave work to go home. 5 miss after we got home, Lily looked in on Jocci...and she responded to her voice. She poked her head out of her bedding and took the tiniest bit of porridge off a spoon. She managed to pull her self out of bed and came to lily for a cuddle. We put her back after a few mind and she spent the next 15 minutes exploring and forraging. She had a good drink and a wee and went back to bed. This seems to be her pattern now....altho the sleeps in between are getting longer. I had made an appointment with the vet, but after rereading advice and opinions from our friends here....and watching a couple of Erin clips on Youtube...I decided she was best off at that moment comfortable in her nest... not made to wake and taken out in the cold and get stressed. I guess also...If I'd taken her....its unlikely she would have come home again. I spoke with the vet on the phone and explained I simply couldn't wake her at that time and described how she has been. She said she was happy I was doing all I can for Jocci and she felt I was doing the right thing for now.
Some of you have reassured us she's behaving like any other old lady hamster.....so I'm just leaving her chill....making sure she's warm and able to reach snacks when she needs them.
Obviously if she stops eating..I shall reconsider.
I know I go on....and I panic and I'm a bit of a drama queen....but I can't thank you all enough for your support at this difficult time. Jocci is fast asleep in the hugest tissue paper nest I have ever seen at the mo. She looks warm and comfy xx

Last edited by lady jocardi; 01-08-2016 at 04:39 PM. Reason: Spelling error
lady jocardi is offline   Reply With Quote