View Single Post
Old 12-31-2015, 05:47 PM  
GreySyrian
Adult Hamster

Default Re: Hamster House Move - Will she get upset?

UPDATE: I'm really worried about how she's behaving in her new home ... She dedicates just a few seconds at a time to exploring/eating and the rest I can only describe as full panic escape mode. She tries to scrabble up the plastic sides, dig in every corner, she's even climbed the mesh but got her claws stuck several times (greatest worry for me) as the mesh window are low enough for her to access as I wanted her to be able to see out. As a result of this i'm still uncomfortable with the idea of leaving her in there. This is the most erratic i've seen her and she wasn't as bad when I introduced her to her first/current home.

Although her current cage is small, she does have exercise, a wood bridge/House and a tube. I scatter feed to make it more interesting for her and hope to build up a schedule so she has a minimum of 30 minutes outside the cage. Although not ideal would this be ok ?

Will repeat measurements, her current house is (L 55 x W 39 x H 26cm) - About 10cm is dedicated to a built in best area which also has her food and water bottle in. The rest is floor space.
GreySyrian is offline   Reply With Quote