View Single Post
Old 12-26-2015, 01:37 PM  
Nancy's Hamsters
ST's Hamstery

Default Re: How to age hamsters

Quote:
Originally Posted by HamsterObsessed View Post
Thank you Cypher and Nancy

Only reason I am asking is because she is a big hamster already and I was wondering if she may get a little bigger. As far as I can see her ears are still covered in a light fluff. I don't know much about her history, I reckon she must be at least four or five months maybe more. Her teeth are surprisingly white though, not sure how as all the hamsters I've met have had bright yellow ones!

My winter white had bald ears from the start I think, and I got her when she was tiny.
White teeth can mean many things but my first thought would be was she in a bar cage at any time before she came to you? A white incisor(the big front teeth) in a healthy hamster usually means they have just grown back from being broken off. However if she has not broken them off it could be a thing to watch to be sure her health is OK as white teeth can indicate internal health issues which is preventing her from developing the proper yellow enamel coating which BTW aids her teeth from breaking. White teeth are much more frail then proper Yellow colored teeth.