View Single Post
Old 12-20-2015, 10:05 AM  
flowerfairy
Fluffy Hamsters

Default Re: Flower and Fairy are still so nervous

Quote:
Originally Posted by cypher View Post
It is very hard being patient I know but I always think the more patience you can muster the greater the rewards & robos do take a little more patience than most
It can take them anything up to a couple of weeks just to get used to a new cage so I agree it probably is a bit early still to expect much, just keep up with the tissue trick & talking to them whenever you're around the cage for now.
If Fairy is more confident already you could just begin to introduce your hand into the cage & see how she goes, if she's happy with that maybe attempt the play/taming bin.
I can't remember if you scatter feed or not but if you do it should encourage Flower to stay out & about for longer periods.
I give them a tiny bowl of food and scatter a few yummies for extra interest. I always give a few sunflower seeds when I put my hand into Fairy's cage.

Should I try to get her to go into a jar or similar and just transport her to the taming box from there?

Flower isnt quite at that stage yet!!! Will carry on with the tissue trick.

Thank you all so much for your responses. It really helps being able to discuss it with like minded people.
flowerfairy is offline   Reply With Quote