View Single Post
Old 12-20-2015, 10:00 AM  
flowerfairy
Fluffy Hamsters

Default Re: Flower and Fairy are still so nervous

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrKMcK View Post
Your little ones are Dwarf hammies. They tend to be more cage aggressive than Syrians. Like anything else, there are dwarf hammies that will be happy to walk on hands, even in their cages, trying to make me a liar. But my experience has been that the little guys don't want hands in their house.
When I first got Toffee & Almond, they were like very small grizzly bears! It was so bad that I thought I would never be able to tame them. Then I started using a container to get them, one at a time, in the bathtub. I also used heavy gardening gloves to pick them up in the tub since I kept flinching, waiting for the little monsters to bite me.
Well, since I wasn't anxious anymore when they couldn't bite through the gloves, I relaxed. The wee boys decided they rather liked coming out...especially when they got to go in the playpen!
It takes time and more patience than with my Syrians, but definitely worth it once they are tame. See photos below.
What an amazing story. T and A looked ever so cute. 'Small grizzly bears'!!!

I am lucky that Fairy will tolerate my hand in her cage (she was always the bravest). Even Flower listens when I talk, its just the hand that scares her.
flowerfairy is offline   Reply With Quote