View Single Post
Old 12-17-2015, 03:39 PM  
Dornen
Newborn Pup

Default Re: IMPORTANT!!! Bald spot on Hammy's leg!!!!!

Good to hear she is on the mend!

Silent Spinners are a bit tricky. They changed design and/or manufacturer awhile ago. The newer ones are generally too hard to spin and break easily. Sometimes you can get lucky and find an older style one. They are less noisy than a comfort wheel but not the best either. The 12" version is also HUGE. I don't think it would fit your cage. Unfortunately they don't make a medium option and the small is only 6.5". My personal feeling is that silent spinners aren't worth the money anymore.

Did you look at the 8" wodent wheels? I'm not sure if it would fit your cage with the stand, I don't have that model to measure, but they are fairly quiet. Depending on who you order from you can choose the colours too.

Have you tried fixing your comfort wheel at all? Sometimes they just need a little hamster-safe-oil (vegetable oil for example) on the spindle to stop the noise. Or you can wrap the spindle in teflon tape similar to this; Guide to making Wodent Wheels run smoother and quieter. Teflon tape is also called plumbers tape or pipe tape, you might have some in the house already. If not, its only a buck or two at any hardware store.

If I can find my wodent wheel I will try to take some size comparison photos for you later.
Dornen is offline   Reply With Quote