View Single Post
Old 12-17-2015, 03:01 AM  
Pebbles82
Hamster Antics

Default Re: IMPORTANT!!! Bald spot on Hammy's leg!!!!!

The problem is Silent Spinners only come in two sizes - a teeny tiny 6.5" one for dwarf hamsters, and a massive 12" one! The 12" one is too big for a lot of cages and that would be the case with yours - I think it stands 33cm high on its stand. The Same size as the 12" Wodent wheel. Wodent wheels come in 8", 11" and 12". The 11" is usually the one needed for Syrians but some average or smaller sized Syrians can use an 8" one.

I wouldn't get one anyway as they changed something in the manufacuring in recent months and people are complaining they just don't spin.

Most hamsters seem like the enclosed wheels with the holes, like the wodent wheel, as they like holes to go in! Ours went potty when he got his and really loves it. More than the open wheel he had before. There is only really the comfort wheel you have now, the 8" Wodent or the 8" trixie wheel that would fit in your height of cage. The Trixie wheel is a "wodent wheel look alike" a bit more flimsy and can be noisy. Many people are happy with these but they can be a bit noisy. The Wodent wheels are very quiet - ours is virtually silent. Occasionally someone complains about one that squeaks a bit but that can be sorted with greasing the spindle with vegetable oil. I've never had that issue.
Pebbles82 is offline   Reply With Quote